Microsoft Lumia 640 is being offered at a price lower than $60 as an AT&T Go-Phone, and going even as low as $30 in deals. Since numerous people have been seen looking for a way to unlock AT&T Lumia 640 4G LTE Go-Phone, I have decided to share a step-by-step process to unlock a Microsoft Lumia 640 which is an AT&T Go-Phone (No-Contract).
Steps to Unlock AT&T Lumia 640 4G LTE Go-Phone for FREE!
The process of unlocking an AT&T go-phone comprises of applying for the unlock code and then using that code to unlock your device. Here’s the complete process:
Requesting AT&T Lumia 640 unlock code
- Take out your AT&T SIM and to be on the safe side, I would not turn on my device with any SIM card inserted in it until the unlock code has been received from AT&T.
- Go to AT&T’s official unlock request page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, accept the terms and click on Continue.
- On the next page, select No radio button next to “Are you AT&T wireless customer?” and fill out the required information:
- IMEI Number (You can find the IMEI number of your Lumia 640 by removing its battery or on the box.)
- Make (auto select)
- Model (auto select)
- Some characters to confirm that you are not a bot
- Click the Next button and fill out another form by providing only these details:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Click Submit button.
- You’ll receive an Unlock Request Confirmation email on the email address you provided. Open that email and confirm the request by click on the link provided in that email.
- Now wait for an important email from AT&T, which should contain the unlock code along with instruction.
How to Unlock AT&T Lumia 640 with Unlock Code
Once the email containing the unlock code hits your inbox, this is how you can use it to unlock your device:
- Insert an NON-AT&T SIM card in your Microsoft Lumia 640 and turn On your device.
If you do not have a non-AT&T SIM, turn ON the device and enter ##7820# on your dial pad.
- A screen asking you to enter the unlock code should appear. Input the unlock code you received in the email.
- Reboot your device.
Voila! Your AT&T Lumia 640 4G LTE Go-Phone is now an unlocked. Now you have a Lumia 640 that can be used on any GSM carrier around the globe. Of course check the band compatibility for your carrier.